Applications From Individuals
St Andrew Holborn is the administrative base for a number of charities. Two of them – St Andrew Holborn & Stafford’s Charity and Bromfield’s Educational Foundation – together make grants annually of around £500,000 to support individuals in need and organisations that support them. Grants are awarded on the basis of need and irrespective of background or religious belief.
Who can apply?
People on low income who are living within the area of benefit (click here to check the map before applying).
For educational applications you will need to have been resident in the area of benefit for 2 years. Please note, grants cannot be considered for second degrees or post graduate studies.
What can I apply for?
Most grants are for household items such as kitchen appliances, essential furniture, bedding, carpets, school uniform and clothing. Typically grants issued for educational reasons are for computers, books, travel, and general maintenance.
Grants cannot be awarded for:
- debt relief including rent or utility arrears
- credit card debt
- rental deposits
- school fees
- goods or services already bought.
How do I apply?
Download the application form here and return it to the charity, either electronically or by printing it off.
Or if you would prefer a paper form, contact the Grants Officer and ask for one to be posted to you.
What are the grant terms and conditions?
- All eligible applicants will be visited by the Grants Officer.
- Applicants will be expected to provide formal evidence of income and expenditure.
- If awarded household items will be bought through one of our preferred suppliers (we do not issue cheques or cash directly to applicants).
- Only one application will be considered in any 12 month period, and only two applications over three years.
How long will it take?
Applications can take up to 20 working days from the date of the Grants Officer’s visit.
For more information please contact the Grants Officer:
T: 020 7822 7471
M: St Andrew Holborn, 5 St Andrew Street, London EC4A 3AF